Sunday, January 16, 2011

Found: Case for my Macbook Air

In an earlier post I commented on my desire for a suitable carrying case for my new toy, an 11" MacBook Air (yes, I own stock in Apple). Today I stopped in at a luggage store on the unlikely chance that they would have something suitable, and they did. Not only did they have an attractive padded case of just about the right size, complete with shoulder strap, but when I mentioned that if I were designing it the case would hang vertically rather than horizontally, the nice lady at the store pointed out a model that did so.

For anyone else frustrated by the lack of a suitable case, the one I got was "Finatex for Netbook" by Tuscano. It is apparently intended for either an iPad or a 10"-11.6" netbook.

5 comments:

Mark said...

A google search for this turned up basically nothing - actually this post is the first result. Any chance you could post a little more info about the company and perhaps a few pix of the case?

Thanks.

Dick White said...

David,

Also purchased the Outlook for MAC software to use with the MBA but am having trouble with the SEND feature (incoming email no problem). Have you had any difficulty sending?

Mycroft said...

Mark, here you go. It's Tucano, not Tuscano.

Netbook Case- Coffee

Netbook Case- Black

http://www.tucanousa.com/

Anonymous said...

^To make it more amusing, there's also another brand off by 1 letter

TOSCANO, who among other things produce designer bags.

Perry Metzger said...

For future reference: Tom Bihn sells a variety of very nice cases for laptops in many, many configurations. They have specialized vertical cases of the kind you are discussing. If they don't sell something specifically sized for the macbook air, they're the sort of place that would take that as a challenge rather than as a reason to dismiss a customer.

I realize that you have found what you want for the moment -- I'm mentioning this mostly for a couple of years from now when you buy your next machine.